Our business model
Our business model focuses on developing our upstream business and diversifying our activities across the integrated oil and gas (O&G) value chain to maximise return from our O&G assets. The model supports the development or facilitation of the markets to use O&G and deliver value-added products that could be utilised in the African markets and possibly internationally.
The Group employs an asset management model, where assets are managed on a country basis. The Group leverages the centralised expertise located in South Africa, to provide technical and functional expertise to support the activities at the individual asset level. This ensures that the Group maintains a low cost base where skills are shared across multiple assets and geographies.
Key activities in the upstream space will include portfolio management and optimisation of our producing asset in Egypt through drilling and continued field development.
We will also leverage our considerable technical and commercial expertise to pursue opportunistic downstream activity that has synergistic and strategic value for our business.
Our investment case
The overall aim of the activities undertaken by the Group will be to invest in opportunities that will generate a sustainable competitive return to our shareholders and create sustainable value for our other stakeholders.
• Investment opportunity in an oil and gas company that provides exposure to the growing energy sector in Africa
• The Group focuses on opportunities across the integrated value chain with a business model to target high growth areas in the African energy sector
• SacOil in an African-based entity with an African management team with strong experience of doing business in the oil and gas sector
• The oil and gas setor is expected to play a significant role in meeting the growing energy needs of Africa
• The Group is focused on the development of its activities in compliance with laws, regulations, guidelines, policies and procedures to ensure that it operates ethically and transparently